Explore and Download Records
Before downloading data, please ensure that you understand and accept the NBN Gateway Terms and Conditions
- You may not make commercial or academic profit from these data or from any product you derive from them without first obtaining written permission from the data providers.
- You must credit the data providers for any material you use. Guidance on how to reference material from the NBN Gateway is provided here.
- If you are granted better access to dataset, such as access to sensitive records, you must not disseminate this information without written permission from the data providers.
- Data providers may impose Specific Terms of Access and/or Use on their datasets in addition to the Gateway Terms and Conditions. Please consult the dataset's Metadata.
Important notes on data access:
- The NBN Gateway does not hold all existing biodiversity records for the UK. Absence of records on the Gateway should not be taken as evidence of absence of a species or habitat in a given area.
- Many data providers restrict public access to datasets by 'blurring' the resolution. If you require better access, please apply to the data provider before downloading the records.